Monday, February 2, 2009 at 1:13 PM |  
I came up with an idea for a great IPhone application. When I go running I like to run to music that matches my pace. I thought it would be really cool to have an application that could do that. The way I thought it would work would be to use the accelerometer to calculate your pace and then pick a song from the library to use based on that. I did some research and stumbled upon SynchStep which is a program that does pretty much exactly that.

I did learn some interesting things however from emailing Greg Elliot, the developer. The IPhone has a few limitations. One of them is that you can't access other applications from an application you develop, including the music library on your phone. To get around this, Greg didn't use the IPhone SDK and the program only runs on jailbroken IPhones. Really cool stuff but for now I'm just looking at the IPhone SDK for starters. He did direct me to a good resource, Erica Sadun's, The IPhone Developer's Cookbook. I'm going to get my hands on this and go through it and see what it has to offer.
Posted by JP

0 comments: