It's been a hectic few weeks trying to get my SDK sea legs underneath me but I think I'm off to a decent start. Here's a summary of the things I've learned so far to help my curriculum design go a little easier:
I'll try and post more later.
- Introduction to the SDK
- What the SDK has to offer --> Check out the getting started videos
- Limits of the IPhone --> Beginning IPhone Development, Page 5
- Setting up --> make sure you have an Intel based Mac running Leopard!
- Read the development guide
- Keep a book on Objective-C with you as a reference, or use Google
- XCode --> BID, Page 16
- Interface Builder --> BID, Page 17
- Model View Controller
- I really like this book so far
- Seperate the model, view, and controller.
- Think of the model as the SDK itself, tying everything together.
- The view is what you make in the interface builder.
- The controller is what you code in Xcode
- Simple View Based --> One view, one controller (HelloWorld, ControlFun, TempConverter)
- Connecting things --> Page 48
- Multiple View Based --> Tab Bars, multiple views, multiple controllers (Picker)
I'll try and post more later.
Posted by
JP
0 comments:
Post a Comment